In March 2015 Lori Senecal was named the global CEO of Crispin Porter and Bogusky advertising agency, reports PR Newswire. This was a great milestone for her since she is the first ever woman to hold the esteemed position.
Lori has certainly worked hard enough to earn this position. She has previously held other enviable positions such as:
- Global Executive Chairman at Kirshenbaum bond senecal &partners (September 2014- March 2015)
- CEO & President at MDC Partners (September 2014- March 2015), See AdWeek.com
- Chairman & CEO at Kirshenbaum bond senecal and partners (March 2012- September 2014)
- President & CEO at Kirshenbaum bond senecal + partners (September 2009- March 2012)
- President at McCann Erickson (July 2007- September 2009)
- Global Chief Innovation Officer at McCann World group (February 2006-July 2007)
- Co-Founder, TAG Ideation at McCann Erickson (February 2003- July 2007)
In 2013, Lori was honoured with a Quantum Lead Award for leadership and innovation by the AWNY Game Changer Awards. In 2014 she was also named as a “woman to watch” in Advertising. Lori is also a director at the Ad Council Board.
Lori Senecal has earned a reputation of coming to agencies at critical transition periods, when there is a great need for an evolution path into efficient business in the future and also a globalization strategy.
According to Kaiser, Lori has brought a steady hand and a cool personality to the Crispin which is at times chaotic. She is a very powerful woman holding a big job yet somehow soft-spoken.
She is passionate about elevating her fellow women and has promoted at least four women at a group of women marketing executives in LA in a bid to see how the group can together help boost each person’s career.
Lori Senecal was born in Montreal, Canada and is the fourth child of a retail worker, now shop owner, and a school teacher. According to Lori, she was brought up in a competitive environment and this has played a tremendous role in molding her into the woman she is and also pushed her into pursuing her own path.
She participated in competitive gymnastics consequently becoming a coach. Lori majored in business at the McGill University in Montreal and took keen interest in marketing. After her graduation she moved to Toronto to work at the now Vickers & Benson on the Ford account.
In her tenure at CP + B, Lori has given the firm a boost such that they have won accounts for PayPal and American Airlines. They have also been able to pick up the creative account of Jose Cuervo that McCann had earlier resigned this year.